Sunday, July 16, 2006

On Love


It's been a while since I have written about love and I may never have done it in this forum. Love has been a tough word to swallow, hear, know, or embody for me for a while now. I won't date it, but the word went sour in my vocabulary and has since caused me a fair bit of trouble.

I am still a bit trepidatious about using it and as I think, I wonder if I might not write more about partnership than love here. The reason the whole thing comes up for me now is...well...I am getting sick of being alone. The more specific cause, I think, is that I met a woman. I met a woman in Lhasa with whom there will be (odds are astronomical, but I never say never) no chance.

She is witty, beautiful, smart, powerful, sexy, chillaxed, Venezuelan, Australian, and 37. It is only these last two that present any problem of astronomical scale (the first for me and the second for her). Australia is far away and "You are so young."

I will not go into too much detail, but meeting this wonderful woman awoke hope in me again. Hope that love and easy (with fits) partnership is possible in my life. All we did was sit around and chat. It was that easy and, for a few days, it was the best thing in my life. Even now, I think back with a little bit of longing and not much grasping on her beamingly alive visage and it lifts me slightly and says to me, "Yes, someone can look at you that way and it doesn't have to make you squirm. It can feel good."

So, thanks to E in Lhasa. You gave me a lovely gift and I really appreciate it.

Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home