Thursday, January 26, 2006

Backup? What Backup?

It is all gone. 2 and a half years of work: reformatted. It sounds like such a nice process, doesn't it? I was so happy as I watched the little blue bar grow larger and larger indicating my computer was on its way to a new life/operating system. Little did I know the horrors going on behind that blue bar. The gruesome blue death of my academic life's work being shredded by the cold blades of redefinition. Call me. Ask me if I am writing. If I hesitate, bludgeon me with the reality of my situation: If I don't write I will have nothing.

Nothing.

No thing.

No.

N.

4 Comments:

Blogger kittens not kids said...

oh no!!!!!

write write write

and i am so sorry....

write! are you writing?

if i can help in any way let me know

Thursday, January 26, 2006 1:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Chris. I'm sooooo sorry. Let me know if there's anything I can do.
-Ian

Thursday, January 26, 2006 6:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your writing chris.
My party on the 3rd is a theme party. A pheonix/new beginings themed party. I have no doubt that you are rising from the ashes at this very moment. Come celebrate next friday. Throw something into to ephigy bon-fire.

Much love,
Aaron
P.S. 'suse the mispelling

Thursday, January 26, 2006 8:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oftentimes that data can be recovered chris. Do not give in to the reformatting flippantly.

I hope you didn't lose anything vital. I can empathize.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 9:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home