Saturday, January 28, 2006

Rocking the Microphone


Taking my cue from digital disaster, I realize that all the wonderful things to do in Madison this evening including rare occasions such as Evan's birthday party (aka time to spend with Ultimate folks, my people), Senegalese hip hop at the Union Theatre with peaceful people I admire, MotoPrimatives show at Revoultion Cycles, and a gallery adventure with friends at the Humanities building had to sit down for a night and leave me to write. It has been a good night of it, too. I doubled my paper on Habermas's notion of the public sphere in Tibetan spiritual landscape. This feels very good considering I lost most of it in the electrostupidquake of 2006.

4 Comments:

Blogger kittens not kids said...

though it was a terrible event, "electrostupidquake" may be the best neologism of my life.


now i am going to do some work as well - vico!

i told acquaintances tonight what you work on. they both sat up and said "wow that's pretty cool!"

Saturday, January 28, 2006 9:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! "electrostupidquake" is fine phrase coinage Dr.L! :) It reminds me of moments of my own that have been much more thunderously insipid than your recent one. *laugh* Everyone can relate to that kind of realisation.

Aaron

Saturday, January 28, 2006 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger Breathing said...

best neologism of your life? two birds dead. one stone thrown.

thanks.

najafx: smack for soldiers in Iraq

Saturday, January 28, 2006 10:10:00 PM  
Blogger kittens not kids said...

najafx is great.

i'm going to call you someday. probably when you least expect it. the phone will ring intrusively, and there i will be.

until then -

"The apparition of these faces in the crowd;
Petals on a wet black bough"

- ezra pound, "in a station at the metro"

Saturday, January 28, 2006 11:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home