Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Intersubjectivity: Episode 2

So, I was surprised they had thought of me to mediate a dispute in their relationship. Whether I thought this as I climbed out of sleep or have projected it back, I cannot tell. The next moment, I thought, “maybe they wan me to meditate because I am so far from them.”

Matt answered my questions by saying that it couldn’t wait because it involved me. I thought, “Jeez.” Actually, I probably didn’t. For some reason I did not see what was going on as a trap. Instead, I saw it as a moment of need in which I had been called by the needy, the pained, the desperate to help. It was convenient that this needy one lived in the same home. I didn’t even have to change out of my pajamas. I figured it was an opportunity I couldn’t ignore. Actually, I really thought that I could go help.

I slipped on my plastic orange clogs and wrapped myself in a purple shawl. I was ritually garbed and ready to go into the spiritual battlefield.

1 Comments:

Blogger kittens not kids said...

i HATE these cliffhanger endings!


orange clogs and a purple shawl....this sounds so exactly like you i feel homesick.

Friday, April 28, 2006 7:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home